Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First entry...

Hi everyone,

Those of you who know me already know that I'm a Star Wars fanatic and have been since A New Hope was released when I was 4. For the past 3 years I've been a member of the 501st Legion, a group of fans who dress up as the Star Wars baddies and help raises lots of money for children's charities.

My first costume was a Biker Scout from Return of the Jedi but I sold it at the end of 2008 to fund my latest project, a clonetrooper from the newer films. This project has gone through several phases, first I would do a plain white clone, then I was going to do a 41st Elite clone with a cool radio pack but now I have decided that I'm going to go for an airborne clone.

There were two reasons for this. First of all, these guys are really cool with lots of extra bits and pieces all over their armour. Also, there are a group of about 5 of us making clone costumes and we are trying to make sure we match together well. One is doing Commander Cody so we decided the rest of us should do troops that fall under his command.

A friend and I are working on my costume first and then we'll do his.I'll be using this blog to track the progress of my work. I've already done lots of stuff so I'll add all the pics soon enough. In the meantime, here's a pic of what the finished article will look like (I hope)...


2 comments:

  1. This is a very nice project. I'll follow the progress and hope I can see you wear it while grilling sausages :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a blogg Andrew ^^ Did't know that

    ReplyDelete